Ángela García de Paredes (Madrid 1958, ETSAM 1982, PhD 2015) and Ignacio Pedrosa (Madrid 1957, ETSAM 1983, PhD 2015) established the architectural firm PAREDES PEDROSA in 1990, after collaborating with José M. García de Paredes.
Professors at the Architectural Design Department in Madrid School of Architecture, they are also visiting professors in the architecture schools of Pamplona, ESARQ UIC in Barcelona and IUAV in Venice and critics and lecturers at several Universities as GSD Harvard, ETH Zurich, Accademia di Architettura di Mendrisio, EPFL Lausanne, TU München, TU Graz, FADU Buenos Aires e Ibero en México, among others.
Their built work after first prize competitions include: Town Hall in Valdemaqueda, Valle Inclán Theatre in Madrid, Archaeology Museum in Almeria, Peñíscola Congress Centre, Espacio Torner in Cuenca, La Olmeda Roman Villa Museum in Palencia, UPI School in Gandía, Ceuta Public Library, Lugo Auditorium and Córdoba Public Library, the latter under construction. Other first prize competitions are Borghetto Flaminio in Roma and recently the Visigoth Museum in Mérida and Jaén Justice Court.
Awarded by the Government of Spain with the Spain Fine Arts Gold Medal 2014 and Spain Architecture Award 2007. Other Awards: ar+d Award, Europan II y IV, Madrid Architecture Award, COAM Mansilla Award, Gold Medal International Prize for Sustainable Architecture, Mediterranean Sustainable Architecture Award, Eduardo Torroja Award for Engineering and Architecture, AADIPA European Award for Architectural Heritage Intervention, Special Mention Europa Nostra, Honourable Mention Piranesi Prix de Rome and are Shortlisted Mies Van der Rohe Award and Aga Khan Architecture Award.
- Angela Garcia de Paredes
- Ignacio Pedrosa
Paredes Pedrosa Arquitectos
Angela Garcia de Paredes + Ignacio Pedrosa
C/ Nervión, 12
28002 Madrid, Spain
Phone/Fax: + 34 914 112 017